LA – City Manager
LA – City Manager
As a City Manager for Ohi you will have the opportunity to lead and develop people and oversee all Ohi’s micro-DC’s in Los Angeles. Your main focuses will be recruiting, hiring and retaining 1099 temp works and full-time employees as well as overseeing the day to day operations of all micro DC’s in your city. You will be in charge of maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance, service and ability to scale locations quickly. This role will require flexible hours and the ability to work out of multiple locations within Los Angeles.
- Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools, including partnering with the technology team to give feedback and drive improvements with current tools.
- Building and executing productivity plans by site by week. Conducting weekly reviews to execution to forecast, balancing labor across managed sites and ensuring adequate labor is available to maintain the customer expectations.
- Communicating policies to team members and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates.
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention.
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
- Ensure all issues are escalated to Senior Leadership even if resolved.
- The Highest Personal Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience (4+ years of experience if no degree)
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and determine the way ahead.
- Extreme Ownership: The ability to work autonomously to get Sh@t done.
- Flexible Schedule: After all we are a startup.
- A Creative Problem Solver: The ability to solve things that haven’t been done before.
- The ability to lift 50lbs.
- The ability to work on your feet for up to 10 hours a day.
- Accountability of Others: Willing to hold people accountable and take appropriate action to protect the business.
- Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the right tact.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment. Amazon Prime or like experience preferred.
- A leader with the capacity to grow in scope and responsibility but is willing to put in the work to earn it.
- Lean Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement Experience
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills (not afraid to speak in public).
- The ability to do advanced analytics and use data to make decisions.
- A self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do.
- Someone that won’t cut corners and considers the long term growth of the company in every decision.
Ohi is building the “Amazon Prime Now” experience for e-commerce brands, providing Amazon levels of speed and data intelligence to every other company. Our platform helps e-commerce companies position inventory into micro-warehouses within cities, and provides the technology to enable fulfillment from these spaces – replacing the existing 3PL network with one capable of doing one-day and same-day delivery at a low cost. We are located in NYC in Grand Central Tech.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.